Monday, March 9, 2015

The Red Cycle..

..While sitting in veranda this sunny day of early summer alone ,my mind was drifting to past. In the solitary, chirping sound of  bird, rattling of dried leave on trees nearby, I went back to the childhood era of my small town. It was the bicycle of my small nephew, which took me there. Every child has his bicycle as best buddy, so was mine, red, almost similar one, but with lots of stickers of Aladdin, Mickey mouse, Donald duck and other characters from my only tv show 'Disney hour' that I had pasted all over it. We would be together after school everyday, roaming around the dusty summer road of my muhalla, with other children from neighborhood. Toiling on it some more distances to reach school friend who lived next block. I remember how I have to wait endlessly in case it got punchered, creating a kind of small hurricane in home to get it done anyhow, as the mechanic shop was on the other side of road. 
Bathing it every sunday,then oiling every nook and corner of it to make it shine. This is how our friendship was, I don't remember when we seprated,probably when I moved to boarding school, it was sold out to kabadawala, after it got rusted being lonely on roof..!!
...You would be missed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment